Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Few of My Favourite Things

Here is what's brightening-up my winter days:
  • Watching Sully (the techie) and Boo (my baby) enjoying Monsters Inc together. They scream and boo and giggle all through the movie
  • My morning strawberry indulgence shower and my baby smelling of fresh honey and toffee after her morning bath 
  • Brownie pie (at my local coffee shop) with my afternoon americano (isn't it great how all those winter layers let you indulge without worrying about the effect on your hips and tummy)
  • The seasonal glitter and shine every where I turn. "I love my bling darlings"
  • Getting to wear my favourite leather coat on my mini-break last week (I haven't used it for three years!) 
  • Meeting my BFF (and her new-born son) after a 2.5 long years apart 
  • Climbing back onto the blogging bandwagon after a series of longish breaks
  • Catching-up on great books I missed, like the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series. One book down, two to look forward too
  • My baby singing "My Favourite Things" from "The Sound of Music" at the top of her voice, while being totally oblivious to who's listening. I wish I could enjoying being "me" as much as she enjoys being "V"
What's cheering you up this December?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this list :) My hubby and daughter just spent the whole day together...they're so cute. I just love when she calls for her daddy (It means she's not calling me for a change ;) )

    I love everything about the Christmas season so I'm deep into all of my favorite things right now: time with my family, decorations and lights, Christmas music, cheesey Christmas movies, and yummy food.

    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog on my SITS Day yesterday, I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe......I get the "when she's calling here daddy she's not calling me" part

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! And I too love how the winter layers offer a little, ahem, forgiveness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah @ You don't really need the help unlike moi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful list! I love it when my boys sing - and so look forward to The Sound of Music after Christmas! It's a tradition!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bluecottonmemory @Thanks. There is something so awesome about hearing a child break into song. Seasons greetings to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Monsters Inc.
    I decided this xmas that i think i love it even more than toy story.
    gorgeous.

    M2M

    ReplyDelete
  8. marketingtomilk @ I'm so thrilled that you are visiting. I've always loved this movie, even before I had my own Boo.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of you....thanks for letting me know what you think